Tuesday, January 14, 2014

One Week Away!

     January 21st is coming up so fast, and I am getting more anxious by the minute. The concept that I am going to be spending 5 months in Alicante, Spain is such a dream come true for me. I have wanted to travel to Spain since I began learning Spanish, and now I can finally put all of my hard work and practice to good use. 
     For those of you who don't know me, I am a junior at Central Michigan University where I study both the Spanish and French languages. My future plans are to become a translator or an interpreter, and these 5 months in Spain are going to help me reach that goal. 
     Alicante is a beautiful city on the Eastern coast of Spain. Alicante is known for having some of the most beautiful "playas," or beaches, in all of Spain. One of the things that I am most excited for during my stay in Alicante is having the opportunity to look at and enjoy the Mediterranean Sea whenever I want to. A luxury that we definitely do not have here in Michigan! 
     The university that I will be attending is called La Universidad de Alicante, or The University of Alicante. As of right now, I am signed up for 5 classes, but I will be dropping one after the first week trial period is over. 
     The class that I am most excited about taking is a class called traducción audiovisual. In this class, we will be learning how to do the dubbing and subtitling of North American movies, which to me sounds extremely cool! 
     I plan to do as much travelling as possible while I am there, because I have never been anywhere outside of North America and I am dying to explore Europe. My main goal, and probably my biggest challenge during my time in Spain is to speak only Spanish, as that is the primary reason that I am going to be studying there. I am extremely excited to begin my adventure, and I am happy to be able to share my experience through my blog!